Alto Litigation represents clients from a broad array of industries. Our attorneys advise clients on legal matters that touch upon business disputes or litigation. We devise the right legal strategy to achieve our clients’ objectives. Sometimes that means resolving a matter quickly before litigation. Other times it means striking first and sparing no effort to achieve our clients’ litigation goals quickly and overwhelmingly.
- Defense outcome in FINRA arbitration; plaintiff dropped all claims prior to arbitration for zero consideration.
- Defense victory through a motion to dismiss shareholder class action against Vector Capital in complex federal securities and antitrust class action.
- Significantly limited scope of litigation through a motion to dismiss key allegations in shareholder derivative lawsuit against UTStarcom, Inc. and its officers and directors.
- Obtained favorable confidential settlement for former executive of energy company in board dispute.
- Advised prominent Silicon Valley venture capital firm in potential securities dispute with directors of portfolio company.
- Successfully negotiated separation and buyout of executive in professional services company following negotiated appraisal procedure.
- Successfully negotiated separation and buyout of equity partner in hedge fund with more than $1 billion in assets under management.
- Successfully negotiated separation of CEO that raised more than $100 million in venture capital.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Currently represent former employees and shareholders of Antara Biosciences in lawsuit against the company’s former CEO and President based on allegations of fraud, embezzlement, and self-dealing.
- Alto has successfully represented numerous companies and individuals in complex commercial disputes, including trade secrets disputes.
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Conducted expedited internal investigation for Special Committee of U.S. biotechnology company regarding potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in China.
Accounting and revenue recognition. Conducted internal investigation of Brazilian subsidiary of U.S. semiconductor company and advised Special Committee members regarding related statutory and regulatory issues.
- Played key role on team that convinced SEC to withdraw Wells Notice and recommendation of enforcement action against former CEO of public technology company relating to revenue recognition issues.
- Represented numerous companies and their officers and directors in SEC enforcement actions.